P-Cug (Coimbra) Biblioteca Geral da Universidade M.M. 215
Guard: "Este liuro he de [sta maria ...?] (partly illegible) crossed out; above: da orde[m]. Fol. 1r, modern inscription in ink: "Processionale cisterciense (Alcobaça)". Possibly a book from Santa Maria de Alcobaça, appropriated by the Order of Christ (cf. M.M. 214). The book belonged formerly to the collection of the Instituto de Estudos Históricos at Coimbra University; its former shelf mark can still be seen.
Same contents, dimensions and script as P-Cug M.M. 214, which has in its last page: «Incipit prima pars processionarii ad usum cisterciensis ordinis militiae iesu christi cum aliis pluribus additamentis, nunc noviter conscripti…». The Order of Christ, which succeeded the Portuguese branch of the Templars, was put under the supervision of the abbot of Alcobaça from its beginnings in 1319, and adopted, to unknown extent, Cistercian use, which was in force until 1532.
Solange Corbin, Essai sur la musique religieuse portugaise au moyen âge, Paris, Les Belles Lettres, 1952, p.181;
Mara Fortu, “Os manuscritos litúrgico-musicais da Ordem de Cister em Portugal e na Galiza” em Actas do IV Congresso Internacional sobre El Císter en Portugal y Galicia, Tomo II, Braga-Oseira, 2010, pp.743-762