P-Cua (Coimbra) Arquivo Distrital e da Universidade III-1ªD-3-5-069
«janrº 1623. [?]r~ anni / Do P[?] Frº. Carvalho / Nunez», black ink, upside-down [f. Av]
«1623», black ink, upside-down [f. Br]
«INV. BOL. / 95 (1)», in pencil [f. Bv]
The cursus of this Office corresponds to secular use, but the paleographical characteristics evoke manuscripts produced by either secular French or Cistercian monastic scriptoria in the early 13th century. There was a women's Convent of St. Anne in Coimbra, active since at least 1184. If local in origin, this manuscript may have been commissioned by the Convent to a Cistercian or a French-trained clerk. In 1550 a Cistercian College (Colégio de S. Bernardo) was established in Coimbra and the Arquivo da Universidade inherited its administrative documents, dated from 1108 to 1835.
Staves with four red lines.